Use 1password x on BOTH Firefox AND Chrome on same computer.. not syncing...?

Options

I am a new subscriber. Installed the X in Chrome on my desktop. Also, installed it in Firefox on the same computer. HOWEVER, I changed my master password in the Chrome version today, and the Firefox version won't accept it. I have deleted and reinstalled the Firefox extension. No change.

Is it impossible to use it on two different browsers on the same computer?

Or, on two different browsers across devices...?

Does the sync only happen within the same browsers used on different devices...?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

1Password Version: July 2020
Extension Version: July 2020
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ER2019

1Password X works directly with your 1Password.com account, where it syncs in real time. Any other 1Password app/extension on any other browser/device also sync directly to/from your 1Password.com account, so you can definitely use 1Password on multiple browsers and devices simultaneously.

Can you please let me know if you are able to log into your account at https://my.1password.com with the new Master Password? You can try logging into your account both in Chrome and Firefox.

If you are able to log into your account, please try to install 1Password X in Firefox, then log into your account there, which should activate the extension.
    If you're having issues or seeing visible errors, let me know what are the exact steps you took, and what went wrong. Feel free to attach screenshots as long as they don't reveal any of your personal info.

This discussion has been closed.