iOS wlan sync with old vault

Strider808
Strider808
Community Member

So here's my situation: my company's security policy states that we should only sync our vaults via WLAN, which I've been doing, so my laptop and iPhone are synced. Unfortunately, I spilled coffee on my laptop, so now I'm using an older computer that hasn't had the vault updated in 3 years. Here's my question:

If I sync the old computer with my phone, will it update the vault on the old computer, or overwrite the vault on my phone? At this point, my phone is the only vault I have access to, so I really don't want to lose data by syncing with an old computer if it's going to be overwritten.

I figured that the old computer would download the phone's vault, but didn't want to make any assumptions.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Strider808! Welcome to the forum!

Syncing should understand which one is the latest version of the data, but since it's the most technical sync method that we offer and it's more manual, I suppose it won't hurt to take a backup of the existing data before you try this, for good measure.

If this is a company laptop, I suppose you have a backup of the data from before the coffee spill. In that case, you might even try restoring your 1Password data from the old laptop to the new laptop, and sync it again from there.

This discussion has been closed.