password dialog badly responsive in MacOS/Chrome

When unlocking 1Password, the popup box where I need to enter my master password is very badly responsive, in Chrome on MacOS. Problem happens both with 1PasswordX and 1PasswordX beta.
What happens is: if I start typing nothing happens for about a second, then some dots appear corresponding to the number of characters I typed, after that no more dots will appear even if I wait up to a minute. When I press ENTER then suddenly all "dots" appear (and either the 1Password extension unlocks, or I get an incorrect password notice).

Problem does not happen on the same PC on Firefox. This makes the 1PasswordX extension very tedious to use on Chrome.

Another, maybe related problem is that sometimes after typing "⌘." the 1Password popup appears but does not take focus, and I have no idea where my keystrokes end up.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 1.20.4
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ghelton
    ghelton
    Community Member

This main issue is also happening to me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@johnpc, @ghelton:

Things seem to be working fine here, also in Chrome and also on macOS 10.15.5. Do you see the same behavior even after quitting and relaunching Chrome once, or after a system reboot?

• ghelton
    ghelton
    Community Member

Yes, still happens after relaunching. I've also rebooted my computer a few times and tried reinstalling 1PasswordX.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ghelton:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you let us know what version of 1Password X, of Chrome, and of your operating system you are currently running, so we can compare it and see if there are any differences to what has been reported in the first post in this discussion?

• ghelton
    ghelton
    Community Member

1Password X Version: 1.20.0
    OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
    Chrome Version: Version 81.0.4044.129

Also, I just noticed that it works fine on my laptop screen. I have a dual monitor setup and I see that if I move my window to my laptop it updates just fine, but on my external(hdmi) monitor it has the issues.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ghelton:

Thank you for the confirmation! I think you are running in a known issue in Chromium. We have heard a few reports of this, but the issue is still open as of this time. Here is the link to the Chromium bug report if you are interested.

• ghelton
    ghelton
    Community Member

Thanks, hopefully they fix soon 🤞

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Agreed :+1: :)

• johnpc
    johnpc
    Community Member

That seems to be the issue for me too. If I move chrome to the laptop screen, it works fine. Move it to the external monitor (displayport/DVI-D in my case), I get spotty updates of the popup window. Hope chrome fixes this soon. Thanks for the pointer to the bugreport!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @johnpc :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.