1password refused connection from untrusted app: firefox ...

Options

Following a Firefox update 1P PC app repeatedly showing the message titled above. Firefox ext icon alternates between black and grey.
Opera & Chrome extensions appear OK.

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: W7Pro64
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password refused connection from untrusted app

Comments

• Could you restart both Firefox and 1Password, @DiiJay? Just close FF, then choose 1Password > Exit in 1Password. Reopen both and try again. Do things stabilize? Sometimes browsers can disable extensions during updates and when that happens, it can cause some trouble in the authentication process between your browser and 1Password. Let me know what you find. :+1:

• DiiJay
    DiiJay
    Community Member
    Options

Done. No helpful effect!
    I subsequently removed the extension, shutdown FF, restarted FF, added the extension, restarted 1P and FF.
    Now the colored extension icon shows a permanent closed padlock and does not respond in the proper 1P way.

• Closed padlock? Did you install 1Password X when you reinstalled, by chance, @DiiJay? Right-click the icon and see what it says at the top of the menu. If it says 1Password X - Password manager, remove that extension and install this one instead:

https://1password.com/browsers/firefox/

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

• DiiJay
    DiiJay
    Community Member
    Options

No, it didn't say that but I removed it anyway and used your link. I then restarted 1P and FF. The icon is grey and right click just shows the FF extension management menu "1 Password" at the top.

• Strange, @DiiJay. Perhaps something went awry with Firefox's update. Let's take a look. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include a link to this thread. That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox. Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :chuffed:

• DiiJay
    DiiJay
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent the diag report.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DiiJay:

Thank you! Did you receive a ticket number already?

• DiiJay
    DiiJay
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, as quoted in my email.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DiiJay:

Can you post the ticket number here in the forum though? That will help us locate your email in the system ;)

This discussion has been closed.