Where can I view documentation of ALL of the key-value types for JSON-formatted data?

jsejcksn
jsejcksn
Community Member

I found this list, which contains some top-level keys for items, but doesn't address other nested data inside keys like details, sections, fields, etc.

What are all the keys that can be present? What hierarchy relationships are possible? What do the values represent? If enums, what are the enum types? If not, what types are represented? etc.

To be clear, I'm looking for exhaustive documentation (think JSON schema — https://json-schema.org/). When parsing output from op, I want have schema for what's returned.

If this is not documented, consider this a request for documentation.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.6 MAS, (op: 1.2.1)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jsejcksn
    jsejcksn
    Community Member

For example: at the "full documentation", in the section How create item works it states:

With a template, you can create items with custom sections and fields.

How is one supposed to know what that means? What is the schema for custom sections and fields?

We need a full schema for each category so we can know how to use these commands and parse the output.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jsejcksn ,

We are aware that there's plenty to improve on that front, and we're currently working on a better, more self-documenting schema for our CLI output so it would become significantly less cryptic.

Thanks for bringing it up though! Keep your CLI up to date and stay tuned :)

This discussion has been closed.