Can I execute a Windows program from 1Password? For example, an app that uses login info.

I use Windows 10 and have to execute a program called IBM Personal Communications that allows me to login to mainframe systems. It would be nice to be able to launch this program directly from 1Password and be able to pass the login information to it. I have to start the program outside 1Password and use the clipboard to copy my password and use it in the external program. At a minimum, launching the program to start it directly from 1Password would be a nice enhancement.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:run program

Comments

• This isn't something we support, @briand1, but I feel like you possibly could save a URI in the website field in your Login item that would be able to launch a program. This is one of those "I know these things exist, but have limited understanding of their inner workings" things, so I won't promise it will work and it may depend on the program itself supporting a URI scheme in the first place, but it seems reasonable enough to be worth some investigation for the programs relevant to you. This won't allow automatic filling as that's handled by the extension which is only available in browsers, but it would get you part-way there. From there, you can drag and drop fields to fill as needed if you prefer that over copy/paste.

This discussion has been closed.