1Password Suggestions often incorrect

Options
sumocomputers
sumocomputers
Community Member

Suggestions are often incorrect, and seem to be not picking up the active tab.

Example shows Firefox, but happens on Safari too.

You can a video screen recording here:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0JG0ehgLGSLFNP

1Password Version: 7.6 (Mac App Store Version)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 (Firefox)
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sumocomputers!

I remember seeing one other report of something similar, but we have never been able to reproduce this. Do you see the same behavior if you quit 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

• sumocomputers
    sumocomputers
    Community Member
    Options

Quitting Completely does sometimes fix this particular problem and in fact I was able to reproduce it again and found something interesting.

Suggestions are failing for Sophos.com on Firefox, but the suggestion it is making is for AgileBits Forum, which I have open in Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sumocomputers:

If I am not mistaken, this is very similar to the other report I remember about this (it also mentioned both Safari and Firefox). In my testing, no matter how I tried to reproduce this, 1Password always showed the correct login though (I am using the same version of the 1Password extension as you are, and the only difference is that I tried this on the 1Password for Mac beta).

• sumocomputers
    sumocomputers
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried with Mac App Store version? FYI - the failed suggestions happen a LOT, and have been for months. So I would disagree it is not easy to reproduce, at least for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020
    Options

@sumocomputers:

It might be easy to reproduce on your machine, but the goal is to reproduce it on every machine :) And we have not found a way to do that yet, which suggests that this is something specific to your device.

Yes, I tested on the Mac App Store version too just in case. At this point, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• sumocomputers
    sumocomputers
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID is #VJN-97576-562

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sumocomputers:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look at tit and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: VJN-97576-562

This discussion has been closed.