iOS app not auto-copying two factor auth codes on Safari

nzjoel
nzjoel
Community Member

In the past, after auto filling a username and password, if relevant, the two factor authentication code was copied into my clipboard and I got a notification saying so too (from memory) when logging into sites on safari. I no longer get the notification nor the code in my clipboard. I’ve tested this on various websites on safari, e.g. Dropbox. On the Dropbox app though this feature works.

Am I misremembering and it’s never worked on safari. Or has something broken?

Comments

• Hey @nzjoel, are you using iOS 12 Autofill or the Safari extension to fill in your logins in Safari? As far as I'm aware, one-time passwords should be copied in the same way on apps as on websites if you're using the iOS 12 Autofill, but it doesn't apply to the Safari extension.

• nzjoel
    nzjoel
    Community Member

Found it @Matthew_1P! Thanks for helping me figure it out.

I’d recently changed iPhones and for some reason passwords were still auto filling but the one-time password toggle (which I didn’t even remember turning on years ago with my last iPhone) had turned off.

For anyone else who might have this issue and find this post. I went to the Autofill Password section of my iphones settings, turned off 1Password, then turned it on again, which then showed up the one-time password toggle:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nzjoel:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that everything is working as expected once again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.