Upgraded 1P6 to 7 on Mac today. Had been syncing via DropBox, having trouble getting it set back up

Options
kafelatte
kafelatte
Community Member

Not using Membership, this is stand-alone. So far just on Mac OS.
In 1P prefs, it ignores my attempt to choose iCloud or Drop Box (one Primary vault). It just flips back to None. When selecting either for first time it stated Disabling sync. 1Password will not longer sync with this folder (the opposite of what I am trying to do).

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded 1P6 to 7 on Mac. Had been syncing via DropBox, having trouble getting it set back up.

Comments

• kafelatte
    kafelatte
    Community Member
    Options

Solved. I decided to move the old vault out of its Dropbox folder, and it woke up the Sync area!
    So I switched to iCloud for the heck of it, and it synced. Now to find where the vault lands in there.

• SvenS1P
    Options

Glad you got this sorted @kafelatte! With iCloud syncing, the data for 1Password isn't shown alongside your iCloud documents. We use something separate called CloudKit to sync your data through iCloud.

• kafelatte
    kafelatte
    Community Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

Can you tell me where it is stored in iOS? I want to make sure that directory is targeted by my backup.
    What I liked about DropBox is that I could make sure the vault file was literally on my computer drive.

• Ben
    Options

@kafelatte

The file system on iOS is not exposed like it is on desktop operating systems. We don't have the information you're asking for, I'm afraid. That said, since you're syncing with 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Mac automatically makes backups of your 1Password data. These backups can be found in:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups

If you'd like to backup the backups (which is not a terrible idea) please be sure that folder is included.

Thanks!

Ben

• kafelatte
    kafelatte
    Community Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thanks. I have 'back up' ESP, so when I have the urge to back up, I always do! Have not lost a bit of data since 1984 (except that time I thought I could guess Mac OS dialog boxes in German; that didn't go so well.)
    Eep, sorry it said 'iOS' I meant to say OS. Blame Siri?

LOL, that directory has tons going back to 2018, is that progressive, or can I delete since the oldest ones as they are 1P6 anyway?

• Ben
    Options

LOL, that directory has tons going back to 2018, is that progressive, or can I delete since the oldest ones as they are 1P6 anyway?

You can delete them, but 1Password may create new ones to compensate. :) It keeps a backup once per day going back 30 days, then once per month going back 2 years.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.