Watchtower no longer offers 1-click HTTPS change?

Options
khoi
khoi
Community Member

I've noticed that in the newest version of 1Password 7 on macOS that it's no longer possible to click the Watchtower warning that a site's URL should use HTTPS and have the URL instantly change to that secure scheme. Am I missing something? If not, what was the reason for the change? Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macoS 10.15.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @khoi

I am not able to reproduce that behavior. Have you tried completely quitting 1Password and trying again? Does that help? From the menu bar at the top of the screen, 1Password 7 (press control and option) > Click the last entry Quit 1Password Completely.

• khoi
    khoi
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I'm sorry I just realized that this problem only applies to my iPhone and iPad. The behavior on Mac is correct. Did the iPhone/iPad apps used to support this auto-correction of the URL scheme, or was I imagining that?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@khoi:

I personally don't remember this being available in the iOS app. In fact, I don't see this mentioned in the 1Password for iOS changelog, so it looks like this has always been a Mac feature :)

• khoi
    khoi
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thanks for the clarification. Maybe this can serve as a feature request for future versions of the iOS app?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020
    Options

@khoi:

I see how this could be useful. I will note your feedback in our system :) :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#248

This discussion has been closed.