Extension gone. How to get it back?

PS: love your work and your product

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @sprock789

You posted your question in the Mac topic area, but you mention your iPad. Which device are you having issues with? I would think the Mac, based on the extension mention.

If you need to download a new copy of the extension, you can do so on our downloads page. https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers

• sprock789
    sprock789
    Community Member

I actually posted in the IOS channel, but some one moved it here.

Definitely my iPad Pro - and only the Chrome browser. Same on my iPhone which I foolishly updated at the same time. I tend to use these devices a lot more than my Mac.

Both Safari and the browser in the 1P app still have the extension when pressing the share button - but it has disappeared off the Chrome after the update. I have screenshots, but can’t seem to post here?

Can you give me a ticket number and where I can email? I have a sub with you.

• sprock789
    sprock789
    Community Member

Scratch that ‘can’t upload’ comment, I was not logged in

• sprock789
    sprock789
    Community Member

Re-posting, as somehow my earlier post got removed from this forum. Screenshots below from my Safari and Chrome browsers - with the extension in Safari but missing from Chrome (it was there prior to the Chrome upgrade via AppStore last week)

Any thoughts on how to restore the 1P extension? I also have a Vault on my IPad and a 1P cloud subscription.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iPad 13.5.1 (17F80)
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sprock789!

This page shows you how to re-enable the 1Password extension in iOS:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

However, if you are using iOS, I recommend you look into using AutoFill instead, it works much better than the extension option :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sprock789:

Just to avoid confusion, I have merged all your messages into a single discussion, so we have everything in one place ;)

• revertej
    revertej
    Community Member

Hi there,

Same problem over here. Chrome was updated today (v84.0.4147.71) on my iPhone 6s (iOS 13.5.1), and 1Password (v7.6) is no longer an option when "sharing" a page. It also does not show up when adding new actions (see screenshot)

The Auto-Fill is not a 1:1 replacement, since it won't always work correctly on multi-steps login forms. Very annoying :-/

Jean

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@revertej:

The Auto-Fill is not a 1:1 replacement, since it won't always work correctly on multi-steps login forms. Very annoying :-/

Can you let us know where this is happening for you, so we can test those websites?

• revertej
    revertej
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana ,
    Thanks for your reply. See https://outlook.live.com/. On the first form, Auto-Fill (with the "Passwords" button at the top of the keyboard) is not an option with Chrome on iOS (i.e. you have to enter your email address manually). Only on the second screen (password input field) will Auto-Fill be available.

Interestingly, on Safari will auto-fill be available on the first form as well... This is maybe related on how Chrome is handling the auto-fill feature..

• That does seem to be the case, @revertej, though that may be a limitation of the autofill capabilities exposed to 3rd party developers. In either case unfortunately it isn't anything we at 1Password have influence over.

I will try to get more info about the situation with the share sheet extension... however it may be the case that Chrome is no longer supporting our extension. Firefox and Chrome still work.

Ben

• SoloAnt
    SoloAnt
    Community Member

1password is missing from chrome on my iphone for me too. It still shows for safari and firefox on my iPhone but not for chrome which is the main browser I use on my phone. Any updates on how to fix this?

Thanks
    Sol

• @SoloAnt

It appears an update to the Chrome app changed things, and I don't know of a way to use the 1Password share sheet extension in Chrome on iOS at this point. I'll report back if I hear anything further. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.