I am trying to sync 1password with dropbox, but there is no 'sync' button in 1password preferences?

Options
CaroHarp
CaroHarp
Community Member

I have tried to sync with Dropbox, but when I access the folder on Dropbox on my phone there is a file called profile.js which when clicked on just opens up a page of code? Why is the 1password icon that was created in the dropbox folder on my computer not visible, how do I access the synced 1password on my phone?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.16
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to sync 1password with dropbox, but there is no 'sync' button in 1password preferences?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CaroHarp! Welcome to the forum!

If you don't see the sync option in 1Password on your iPhone, it means that you are not syncing your data with Dropbox there: when the sync menu is not there, it means that you have added a 1Password account to the app, and therefore your data syncs via 1Password.com.

Is there a specific reason why you are still looking to sync your data via Dropbox, if sync is happening already through 1Password.com?

when I access the folder on Dropbox on my phone there is a file called profile.js which when clicked on just opens up a page of code?

This is normal: that file is needed by 1Password, but you don't need to access it directly. That's not for us humans :)

• CaroHarp
    CaroHarp
    Community Member
    Options

my phone is running the wrong OS for the 1password app so thought I my only option was to sync to my phone via dropbox and then I thought I could access it from there? Is it better to just go to 1password.com and sign in to access from my phone, and is that safe?
    Thank you

• Ben
    Options

Hi @CaroHarp

What version of iOS do you have on your phone?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.