Save web form when 1Password doesn't think there is a login

Visit www.ngmservice.com and it redirects to https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/NG/NGM/eCare_Login.jsp?cds_page_id=226717&cds_mag_code=NGM&id=1595287060147&lsid=32021809445039924&vid=2

On that page, after I enter my Account Number and Zip/Postal Code, I can't find any way to save those, along with the associated form fields, as a login.

I'm using 1PasswordX with Firefox on a Mac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1PasswordX 1.20.0
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TheCat!

I see the same behavior here: I think this happens because technically that one is not a login form. There is no password field, and 1Password X only offers you to save Logins where there is a login form.

• TheCat
    TheCat
    Community Member

OK, then I would consider that a bug. How do I report it? Why shouldn't 1Password X have this ability?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Hey @TheCat ,

This is not considered a bug, but more of a missing feature.
    I've got a feature request up and running for you. Hopefully the developers will be able to implement it in a future update.

In the meantime, you can create custom fields with names that are identical to the fields on the website and 1Password will autofill them properly. On this particular website, try this:

1. Save a new login on the website if you haven't done so already. You can save by right clicking the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and selecting "Save Login".
    2. A new login item will be created and it will contain only the URL of the website. Click on "Edit" to open that login item in a new tab and edit it.
    3. Under the website URL, select an empty label and name it "cds_account_number" (which is the field's name in the HTML code), then input your account number next to it.
    4. Select the next empty label field and name it "cds_zip", then enter your Zip code next to it.
    5. Click on "Save" at the bottom, and this login should now autofill on the page properly.

Thanks for bringing this up! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

This discussion has been closed.