Changes on Mac not syncing to other devices

Options
josephwagner
josephwagner
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Mac

I made a bunch of changes to my 1Password vaults on my Mac and the changes don't appear on my iPhone, iPad and the web vaults. How do I force these changes to propagate? I have a 1Password Family membership that appears to be signed in on all devices.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @josephwagner

I'm sorry for the trouble getting your recent changes to appear on your other devices. If you lock and then unlock 1Password on the Mac do the changes then appear elsewhere? If so that may indicate the notifier that listens for changes is having difficulty connecting to 1Password.com. Please let us know how the test turns out so we can troubleshoot further.

Thanks!

Ben

• josephwagner
    josephwagner
    Community Member
    Options

I tried that and even went as far as quitting 1Password completely on my Mac without any change in behavior.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @josephwagner.

• If you add a new item using the my.1password.com web interface does that item appear on each the Mac, iPhone, and iPad?
    • Could you please check the vault switcher on the Mac (top left of the app window) and see if there is a vault called 'Primary' present?

Ben

• josephwagner
    josephwagner
    Community Member
    Options

Happy to help keep troubleshooting...

I created an entry on my.1password.com and it synced down to my Mac, iPhone and iPad. And now things seem to be flowing as expected. Not sure why but all seems well now.

And, for the record, I have no Primary vault on my Mac.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks again @josephwagner. I'm glad to hear things are working as expected now... I'd recommend keeping an eye on it and please do let us know if the problem reoccurs.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.