1password 6.8.9 end of life?

jg2014
jg2014
Community Member
edited July 2020 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hey,

I've purchased 1password in the Apple AppStore for iCloud support and it was working great for years. Today it stops opening the tresor after typing in my pin. I did a re-install from the store and now it says it runs as a 30 days trail version. How can I restore my purchase? I don't need V7 and don't want to sign for a subscription.

Thanks!

1Password Version 6.8.9
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: Catalina 10.15.6
_Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jg2014!

It sounds like you downloaded the new 1Password 7, which is a paid upgrade. To answer your question, 1Password 6 was discontinued two years ago, but you can still download it and use that one if you prefer: if that's the version you purchased, you should make sure you download 1Password 6 from the App Store, rather than the latest 1Password 7 (you can do this from your Apple ID purchase history in the Mac App Store app).

• jg2014
    jg2014
    Community Member

Hey,

I did this, but the copy from the store says it's a 30 days trial. How can I reactivate it? It looks like it doesn't recognize it's licensed from the Apple App Store.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jg2014:

Can you double check how you downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store? From what you are writing, it sounds like you downloaded 1Password directly from the app listing (which downloads 1Password 7), rather than from your purchase history as I suggested. If you purchased an older version of 1Password in the Mac App Store, it is fundamental that you download the app from your purchase history (in the Mac App Store app, click on your username in the bottom left corner to view the list of purchased apps).

• jg2014
    jg2014
    Community Member

That's exactly what I did. I download from previous purchases in the App Store, not from the web.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jg2014:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you open the Applications folder in your Mac, how many 1Password apps do you see there?

If you only see one, if you launch it and click on the 1Password menu > About 1Password menu at the top of your screen, what version do you see there?

• jg2014
    jg2014
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

Hello, I was able to fix the issue. After removing 1password for the xth time, rebooting and reinstalling the app now states it was purchased from the App Store and is fully licensed. I believe it must be something in combination with Catalina, as I have no issues at all on my Macs still running Mojave.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

• Thanks for the update @jg2014. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.