7.7.BETA-0: Missing Password History View, View Saved Form Details

nalundgaard
nalundgaard
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi, in all of the views I can see for my login items in the 7.7BETA-0, I am unable to see the button for "View Password History," which is totally critical to be able to access when password changes on sites runs amok for whatever reason. In my case, I was able to log into the web view to find this information, so this is not a showstopper, but definitely an inconvenience. The button to "View Saved Form Details" is similarly missing for me.

My question may be related to View Previous Passwords missing in 7, but this is the first time I've seen the bug. I can confirm explicitly that my login items do have history as confirmed by cross-checking them in the web view and the iOS app. These two buttons are simply not appearing for me in the 1Password 7.7.BETA-0 Mac App.

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-0 (70700000)
Extension Version: 7.6.1.BETA-0
OS Version: 10.14.6 (18G6020)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudy
    edited July 2020

@nalundgaard,

View Password History is no longer a separate button, but rather an option in the more options menu that appears on the right side of the password row for the primary password in the item.

Web form details are still present, but only visible in edit mode.

• nalundgaard
    nalundgaard
    Community Member

Thanks for that! I see it now, and it's clearly not a bug, just a change I missed in the release notes. Great!

One piece of feedback on this—I think the view really ought to be sorted in descending order; on some of my items with years and years of history, when I look at it, I have to scroll and scroll that tiny dialog to get to the most recently used password. I think the 99.9% use case for this widget is probably the most recent passwords, not the oldest ones.

Also, is it possible to edit history items? I have a password history entry that must be from a bugged version of 1password that reports the timestamp on the item as 43,000 years in the future.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nalundgaard:

One piece of feedback on this—I think the view really ought to be sorted in descending order; on some of my items with years and years of history, when I look at it, I have to scroll and scroll that tiny dialog to get to the most recently used password. I think the 99.9% use case for this widget is probably the most recent passwords, not the oldest ones.

Thank you for the suggestion! :+1:

Also, is it possible to edit history items?

This is not possible, sorry!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nalundgaard:

I just wanted to know that I have opened an internal issue to mention your suggestion about the sort order of previously used passwords. I think what you suggested makes sense, so we can now discuss this :)

ref: dev/apple/issues#4911

• m00
    m00
    Community Member

Related to this I had a lot of trouble working out where this feature had gone to until I found this forum post - it is far from obvious in the dropdown, and I couldn't find any documentation telling me that that was where it was!

• Thanks for letting us know @m00. We'll continue to keep an eye out for this sort of feedback on the change.

Ben

• CeeJaa56
    CeeJaa56
    Community Member

My version doesn't show Password History in the dropdown beside the password. My only options are: Reveal, Show in Large Type, and Check for Vulnerable Password. I really need to be able to see my Password History. My 1Password is Up-To-Date running Version 7.7 (70700015) on my iMac (macOS Bis Sur Ver 11.1). It's the same issue with my IOS devices. I checked Preference in 1Password to see if I needed to turn something on or off to get it to work. I need help, please.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@CeeJaa56:

1Password will show the password history entry only for those items that have a password history, it will not show up for every item. Are you looking at an item for which you have changed the password in the past?

• One piece of feedback on this—I think the view really ought to be sorted in descending order

This improvement has been made in the 7.7.1 BETA-5 version, if you'd like to give it a try:

Use 1Password beta releases

Ben

• nalundgaard
    nalundgaard
    Community Member

That’s awesome! I was already on the beta but I hadn’t noticed the change in the release notes. It works great. Thanks for the pointer!

• @nalungaard

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome. It's one of those hidden gems. I also appreciate this change. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.