To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Delete Ugly Symbols/Icons

BetonMicha
BetonMicha
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Memberships

1Passwords saves automatically the icon of a website when i add an url. Unfortunately some websites have very ugly icons with just a few pixels. This looks very ugly in my vault. Is it possible to delete the icon? i can just turn off all colored symbols but then all icons are disable also the pretty ones. I want to add a website and delete the icon. As i can see the icon is mandatory, even the ugly ones.... When i remove the url, the icon can be deleted...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @BetonMicha

While editing the item you can drag and drop a more agreeable image on top of the existing icon to replace it. :+1:

Ben

• BetonMicha
    BetonMicha
    Community Member

Hi @Ben
    Thank you for your help. The problem is, i have to find a more agreeable image for each website. For me just the standard icon (2charactersIcon) is enough, like on objects without a website URL.

• I see. No, if the website provides an icon, it isn't possible to remove the icon without replacing it. You'd have to replace it with something. You could use something generic?

Ben

• BetonMicha
    BetonMicha
    Community Member

Hi Ben 👋🏻 this sounds okay for me. Thank you very much. Could you provide this standard icon in a higher resolution, like the app provides it?

• @BetonMicha

I don't have a higher resolution version of that specific icon available off-hand, but you may consider using one of the ones I posted here:

Where are the Default Vault Icons — 1Password Forum

Ben

This discussion has been closed.