Password incorrectly flagged as compromised, but I changed it after the breach

Options
jamesrat
jamesrat
Community Member

Watchtower flagged a login as compromised because "This website was affected by a security breach since you last changed your password."

The thing is, the website sent me an email yesterday about the breach, and I change the password. So I guess I changed my password after the breach was reported, but before the breach was added to 1Password.

Is there a way I can get rid of this warning without changing my password?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:password incorrectly flagged as compromised

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jamesrat

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This can happen if you change your password prior to the site being added to Watchtower. It shouldn't hurt to change the password again (after all, 1Password remembers it for you). If you'd rather not do that though you can edit the record and add a character to the password, save it, edit again, and remove the character you added. That should remove the banner.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• jamesrat
    jamesrat
    Community Member
    Options

Well, that login isn't showing up in Watchtower anymore, and the banner is gone. I didn't touch the login, so maybe this is because of a change to the Watchtower data on your end. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2020
    Options

We did indeed end up backdating the beeradvocate.com breach to the 17th and wattpad.com to the 20th (based on their announcements). If either of those were where you were having a problem, that could explain it. :+1:

Ben

• jamesrat
    jamesrat
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, it was BeerAdvocate. Thanks again!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.