How to control the email address to fill in?

*I am not sure if I should post this here or in the section "1Password X".

I am saving my email address in the item "Identity" with the corresponding label "email". I happen to have 3 email address I want to save, so I added 2 more "email" labels and filled them. The problem comes when I then use 1Password X to fill my email address in the corresponding box on any website: I click in the 1Password X icon, I select "Identities" from the drop-down list and click my name, as a result, all the 3 email addresses I have saved are written. Is it possible to control this? so I can choose which of the 3 email addresses I want to fill in?

Thanks for your time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Centos 8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @stefanorgc. I'm sorry about this — you've unearthed a bug. We shouldn't be filling all three email addresses at once. I've let the dev team know about this so this can be resolved in a future update. In the meantime, to avoid this, you'll want to copy and paste or drag and drop your email from the 1Password X pop-up, rather than filling from the pop-up or the inline menu. Thanks for finding this, but sorry you did. :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#2067

• stefanorgc
    stefanorgc
    Community Member

Hi @ag_michaelc. Thanks for the prompt reply and for taking care of it. Please be so kind as to post a new message here when there is any update on this. I will appreciate it.

• I can let you know when we have a fix. :smile: Note that the immediate issue here is all emails being filled at once, which is a bug. The ability to specify which email is a feature request that we'll have to see if it gets added in the future.

• stefanorgc
    stefanorgc
    Community Member

Thanks for being clear @al_micaelc. I may have a few feature requests as well. Is there a dedicated section in the forum where to post feature requests?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@stefanorgc:

We don't have a dedicated section, but you can post them in the relevant sections here in the forum ;)

This discussion has been closed.