To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Adding photo to driver's license item?

KnnNike
KnnNike
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Memberships

Am I correct that there is no way to directly attach a photo of a driver's license to an item created using the "Driver License" template? If not, this is frustrating...I keep seeing statements around "Store your license, important docs, etc...", but this basic functionality doesn't even seem to exist. The closest I've been able to get:

1. Create item in "Driver License" category
  2. Upload Driver License photo, which creates a separate "Document"-type entry
  3. From the item in #1, choose 'Link existing', then link to #2.

Besides the fact that this is about 2 steps too many, now I have two different items in my database for a single driver license.

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KnnNike,

Sorry for these troubles!

Indeed, we have document items in 1Password accounts, instead of attachments. You can learn more about them here:

Save important files in 1Password

Right now, in 1Password 7 for Windows you have two take a separate step to create a document item first and then link it with your existing Driver License item. However, we have plans to improve this behaviour there and make it consistent with 1Password for Mac, where you can create a new document item while editing an existing item:

This "Add New File" button is coming to 1Password for Windows, but I do not have any ETAs at this point. We are also looking at ways to improve overall Documents experience, so your feedback about it is really appreciated.

Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience. If you have other questions about this situation, please let us know. We are here to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.