[Feature Request] Advanced feature to edit and delete web form details

I find a site every now and then where when I save the login from the signup page it then does not input correctly into the login page because the web form details are different from the two pages.

The only option is to create a new login and save it from the login page in which the web form details are correct. I would prefer to be able to edit the original login with its details to work correctly than creating a new login that is missing valuable information from when it was originally created.

Regards,
Samuel

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @firemansam87!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

• NRJEngineering
    NRJEngineering
    Community Member

I too have had repeat issue with USER NAME being filled with password information and PASSWORD being left blank at login of lets say WebsiteA. Thinking it might be a glitch with that particular auto saved credential, I created a new saved login in 1Password making sure to manually type in each entry. Now USER NAME is left blank but PASSWORD is being filled. WEB FOR DETAILS appear correct order but what is labeled as USERNAME in 1Password is called SOCIAL SECURITY at that website.

I am also seeing a similar issue at login of "https://my.1password.com/signin" I have two login to choose from where one will fill in SECRET KEY and the other will not. Both are look identical in 1Password desktop app except when viewing SHOW WEB FORM DETAILS. The correctly filled credential has (3) WEB FORM DETAILS labeled at EMAIL, MASTER-PASSWORD, & ACCOUNT-KEY. The incorrectly filled credential has (2) WEB FORM DETAILS labeled BLANK & USERNAME.

It appears there is a correlation between WEB FORM DETAILS labels and if or where this information is automatically placed by 1Password. I have over 250 individual login saved accessing a number of platforms from Android, iOS, & Windows. I deal with these issues daily and when given the option am more than happy to dive into advanced settings to tweak and tune to my needs. I see this "Feature Request" to be more of a feature requirement if users are to fully benefit from your services.

I would like to add note to a similar function: The option to automatically input credential form details in different applications on windows often is not available even when RIGHT CLICKING over USERNAME/ TYPE IN WINDOW.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NRJEngineering,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this! Sorry to hear that you bumped into these difficulties.

First of all, could you please share the URL of the website where you have these troubles (not https://my.1password.com/signin, the first one)? We will then check what is going on there.

Secondly, please try to use the following article to save a Login item manually, using 1Password extension:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Does it work for you after you save an item this way? Please check and let us know.

Finally, we have plans to bring Auto-Type, a feature that would allow you to fill your credentials in other Windows apps (where you have sign in forms), to 1Password for Windows, but I do not have any ETAs at this moment. Right now, instead of Type-in-Window, you can drag & drop your username and passwords from 1Password 7 and 1Password mini and it is really convenient. Drag and Drop is available in both 1Password 7 and 1Password mini on Windows starting with 1Password 7.4.750:

Fill details in apps

Please give it a try and let us know how it works for you. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• NRJEngineering
    NRJEngineering
    Community Member

1Password Version: 7.6.779
    1Password X Chrome/Firefox Version: 1.20.0
    1Password Chrome Extension (desktop) Version: 4.7.5.90

• NRJEngineering
    NRJEngineering
    Community Member

Morning Greg,
    Thank you for your quick response. One of the websites Ive had persistent issue is https://puaclaimant.ides.illinois.gov/Claimant/Core/Login.ASPX
    When I follow the recommended procedure above to manually capture new login, it does not capture username or in this case social security number but it does capture password. It appears to have scraped some coding from login page for the input of password WEB FORM DETAILS label: "ctl00$ctl00$cphMain$txtPassword"
    I imagine it is not picking up details of username because of a labeling issue. I would note that the username/social security number is not visible at any time during user input. Having access to edit WEB FORM DETAILS could allow advanced users to correct these issues as they arise.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@NRJEngineering:

1Password X Chrome/Firefox Version: 1.20.0
    1Password Chrome Extension (desktop) Version: 4.7.5.90

Which one of the two 1Password browser extensions are you using on that website, so we can test the correct one?

• NRJEngineering
    NRJEngineering
    Community Member

I have experimented with both. Generally the functionality of X is better, unfortunately not in this matter.

• jd_lewin
    jd_lewin
    1Password Alumni

Aloha @NRJEngineering:

I've just had a chance to replicate your filling issue on the IDES site with our latest betas and can confirm the trouble you're having with saving, and therefore filling, the social security field.

The battle to keep 1Password filling properly across every site on the web is a one without a clear endpoint, so we're always appreciative when people like yourself take the time to help us find the instances where we have work yet to do. Whenever you come across a site where the latest version of 1Password X won't behave as expected, you should have no hesitation to reach out, as every one of these is an opportunity for us to teach the brain of 1Password how to better identify fields where there is data to be filled and saved.

This approach, where we can use each failure as an opportunity to improve the 1Password experience for all of our users, is the one we've had the most success with; ultimately it helps more people than if we were to improve the experience of manually tuning one login or another.

I've marked the IDES site in our issue tracking system for further investigation. Keep 'em coming :-)

Mahalo 🌺

• NRJEngineering
    NRJEngineering
    Community Member

Good Afternoon @jd_lewin
    I appreciate your team's responsiveness to my postings. Generally speaking your customer service experience has been excellent. Just in case it was overlooked, I had a similar experience with 1Password login url "https://my.1password.com/signin"
    Details are described above.
    This is far from an isolated incident from my experience.

Although I do not understand the hesitation in offering Advanced Users Settings to edit these fields (lets call it AUS), I would argue that beyond this being just intellectually enticing for those who find interest in such a rabbit hole, that your competitors, mainly LastPass not short of its own hiccups, does offer in depth access to behind the scenes tweaks. As Im sure those in your field appreciate the need for updates and versions, I believe equally appreciate the ability to adapt these for themselves.

If AUS is not currently being worked on as a future feature, I would ask your team to consider the development. Should you be short areas of interest for AUS, I'm happy to discuss in appropriate forum.
    I appreciate your time and consideration of the request.

• jd_lewin
    jd_lewin
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Thanks for circling back so quickly! First and foremost, we do want to resolve having two saved login items for the 1Password web app. From what you wrote earlier:

I have two login to choose from where one will fill in SECRET KEY and the other will not. Both are look identical in 1Password desktop app except when viewing SHOW WEB FORM DETAILS. The correctly filled credential has (3) WEB FORM DETAILS labeled at EMAIL, MASTER-PASSWORD, & ACCOUNT-KEY. The incorrectly filled credential has (2) WEB FORM DETAILS labeled BLANK & USERNAME.

Is there a reason you have a second saved item that doesn't include the third field? If you have one item that successfully authenticates you to our site then you should feel free to delete the other one.

As for your feature request, I don't disagree with the potential value of providing greater AUS (an acronym that makes me think of koalas and surfing more than software). With the Mac desktop app today you are indeed able to tinker with the saved form fields; we occasionally rely on that ability in the course of diagnosing saving and filling issues. That said, manipulating what data gets filled in what field is something we take quite seriously, as fundamentally the success of 1Password in the marketplace depends on helping users stay safe online.

We have an existing feature request in our internal tracking tool for making improvements to the saved form details area. I've gone ahead and added this thread there as a mark of increased interest. Please do feel free expand on what you're interested in here so we can keep the connective tissue intact between the feature request and any further input from yourself or other interested users.

Mahalo 🌺

This discussion has been closed.