Searching in the Mac 1PW App does not show all entries

JoeSC100
JoeSC100
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Mac

Hi Guys,

When I use the 1PW app (7.6) on my mac (10.15.6) and search for a login it does not show all of the results. For instance, I was looking for my apple store login for my work account and the search only showed my daughters, not mine, my sons, or my work one. The mini (from the browser) did show the full list but the app search did not.

I included a screenshot showing the mini-pulldown results and the search results from the app together.

[personal information removed by moderator]

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSx 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password for family
Referrer: forum-search:Searching in the Mac 1PW App does not show all entries

Comments

• Hi @JoeSC100

I've removed your screenshot to preserve your privacy. This is a public forum, so we ask folks try to avoid sharing any personally identifiable information (e.g. email addresses). I do appreciate the illustration of the problem but for the future would recommend editing out any such details before posting. :)

If you click the 'Expand Search to All Fields' button on the main 1Password window (the one on the left), does it find all of the items you're looking for?

Ben

• JoeSC100
    JoeSC100
    Community Member

Thanks for the privacy hint.

No, the items still do not show up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JoeSC100:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Is the search returning all results now?

• JoeSC100
    JoeSC100
    Community Member

Nope - no luck. On a Mac, the quit completely is enabled by control-option while doing the 1Password7 pulldown.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JoeSC100:

On a Mac, the quit completely is enabled by control-option while doing the 1Password7 pulldown.

Yes, that's an alternative method. The end result is the same :+1:

I am not sure why search would be behaving like this for you, for this specific item. The only other thing I can think of is to check the 1Password Preferences > Vaults tab: are all your vaults selected in the Show in All Vaults list?

• JoeSC100
    JoeSC100
    Community Member

It's not just this specific item, that is just an example. There are many logins that the browser will find when I login with no problem that will not show up in the app search. When I scroll thru the logins they all show up, it is just the search that does not work.

I did check the Preferences->Vaults tab and all are enabled.

What field does the 'Search 1Password' actually use to search? All fields or a specific one?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JoeSC100:

What field does the 'Search 1Password' actually use to search? All fields or a specific one?

The default search looks at titles, usernames, and websites. If you click on Expand Search to All Fields, it will look at every field inside the items.

This discussion has been closed.