broken link to Release Notes

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hi,
With new update the click on news (to see release notes) is broken. Android app doesn't load https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPA4 instead I see another side how to use Watchtower.
In the footer I see for a short time a black overlay with the info "Fehler beim Laden der Seite:net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"

1Password Version: 7.6.1.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Philipp, well spotted :)

In this instance that's not actually an error. The "Learn more" link will eventually take you to a post with more detail about Watchtower notifications, but the final destination isn't yet ready, so you're being taken to a more generic Watchtower page for the time being.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @andiAG
    Thanks for your feedback. Additional details or other screens are fine for me. But PLEASE do not remove the release notes link completely. With every new update my first clicks are to see what's changed in this release and I'm happy to know what's new and what I can test. In my point of view the friendly details (in app stores and in release notes) from 1Password to every update (on all platforms) are an unique selling point. I do not know any other company which is doing so great and well than Agilebits. Please keep that with you! ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you for your feedback @Philipp :+1: I don't think we have ever had any plans to remove these ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp:

I just wanted to send you a quick update that, with the latest 1Password for Android 7.6.1, which we released this week, the link should now take you to the correct page ;)

The Learn More button in What's New now links to details about Watchtower Notifications. {1214}

This is the page in question, for your convenience:

Watchtower notifications: Timely security alerts for the websites you use

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana
    Thanks a lot for your reply.
    From my point of view it is a pity that you no longer have a link to the "release notes" page. I want to know what's new in 1Password when I click the button. The release notes page was a good and quick overview. The now linked watchtower notification page is an article I read two weeks ago. But what is new, changed or fixed with the new release is no longer visible for your customers. ...or have you planned to make such article for every release (and beta-release also)?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Philipp:

In this case, I just wanted to give you an update on the broken link you reported. The last update fixed that specific report, I thought you would appreciate some feedback :)

But what is new, changed or fixed with the new release is no longer visible for your customers.

This is not the case. I can still see the entire changelog here. Are you not able to see all the latest changes there there?

But what is new, changed or fixed with the new release is no longer visible for your customers. ...or have you planned to make such article for every release (and beta-release also)?

I am not aware of plans to do this. But since this was a major new feature, it deserved its own blog post and explanation, instead of just a single line in the changelog ;)

This discussion has been closed.