I'm unable to import or restore vault after pc factory reset.

I recently reset my laptop and result wiped everything clean. I performed a data recovery with EaseUS software and recovered a ton of files for 1Password. Before the the reset I was using 1Password 2 or 4. Now I installed the latest version of 1Password in efforts to import a recovered vault but all I see are files with agilekeychain_zip and opvault_zip. I have tried both and nothing worked. I even tried files with sqlite and still nothing. My vault has to be somewhere within all my recovered data. I'm just not sure what files I should be looking for. Please help.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 6.2.626
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:restore vault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wdarden2! Welcome to the forum!

I have tried both and nothing worked.

Can you please elaborate? What happens exactly when you tried both? Did you get an error message?

• wdarden2
    wdarden2
    Community Member

When trying restore vault for 1Password 4 I get a Error "1Password has encountered a problem" then it display a long report that starts with ChilkatLog. When trying import into 1Password 7 the latest version. I received Error message stating the file isn't a .agilekeychain or .opvault file. I think because the files I recovered has file extension with .agilekeychain_zip or .opvault_zip.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wdarden2:

When trying restore vault for 1Password 4 I get a Error "1Password has encountered a problem" then it display a long report that starts with ChilkatLog

Can you please send us that report via email, so we can take a closer look? You can email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• wdarden2
    wdarden2
    Community Member

Hello,

I sent a screen shot of the report. My ticket number [#CGE-38295-477]. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wdarden2:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: CGE-38295-477

This discussion has been closed.