Best way to secure 1Password Emergency Kit PDF?

My passwords, private information, bank accounts etc. are synced with the 1Password Cloud, hopefully as secure as possible :p
But ... what about the 1Password Emergency Kit PDF File?

This is located somewhere on my computer, on Dropbox/OneDrive etc., so that it can be quickly accessed in an "emergency" if necessary.
How can I make this file as secure as possible without extra encryption (I still want quick access to it) because whoever has access to this file also has access to the personal "Holy Grail"?
Every idea, every thought is welcome

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @b0gus!

Our recommendation is to print the Emergency Kit and store it in a safe place for security. If you still want to keep a copy on your computer without extra encryption as you say, you can certainly do that, but please be careful to protect the file properly in that case.

One suggestion that we have given before (and which I also personally use), is to store the Emergency Kit in a shared vault if you have a Families account. This way, other family members will have access to it if necessary, but it will also be protected in 1Password ;)

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

b0gus, FWIW I have printed out the Emergency Kit and have it hidden in my home and have saved the Emergency kit as a password protected Word File saved to a USB key which is on my key chain. (And I do not have the same file on any other electronic device)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @jmjm :)

This discussion has been closed.