To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What is the currency?

iUUi
iUUi
Community Member

I'm gonna guess USD, but it would be nice if that was made clear somewhere at the business end...
This page, which I arrived at from the "Come back to 1P" email following my trial, almost looks like Au localisation (which would be nice!)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iUUi!

Yes, if you are on 1Password.com, prices are in USD ;)

• iUUi
    iUUi
    Community Member

OK thanks, but damn, there I was momentarily thinking $36/annum... but it's really about $55 ($50 + GST)

Seriously though, why not just say "USD, before tax" on the billing page? (It's a global offering you've got there, right?)
    And why wouldn't I just choose a country without a tax rate and so avoid the GST?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@iUUi:

Seriously though, why not just say "USD, before tax" on the billing page? (It's a global offering you've got there, right?)

We can also charge in EUR on 1Password.eu for example, so I think this might be part of the reason.

And why wouldn't I just choose a country without a tax rate and so avoid the GST?

I am not an accountant, but my understanding is that GST must be applied at the destination, if you provide services to Australia, no matter where the company offering the service might be based.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The issue is that the Australian currency is also named the dollar, so a subscriber in Australia might well be unsure in what currency the price is given.

If the billing says $ there should not be any difficulty in changing that to US$.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Got it, thank you for the feedback @danco! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.