To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No secret key or password

cbarrios
cbarrios
Community Member

Hello,
I am needing to log into an account that I haven’t logged into in a long time. I can’t find the secret key and I can’t remember my password. Please let me know what I need to do to recover this account, it’s important!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cbarrios!

I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and let you continue the conversation via email.

In the meantime, you can check this article to find out where to find your Secret Key, and this article about forgotten Master Passwords.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: DHJ-69245-277

• cbarrios
    cbarrios
    Community Member

If someone in a family has forgotten their master password and don’t have a secret key, can someone else in the family recover the information?

• Hi @cbarrios

As long as another family member has the 'Family Organizer' role, yes, that person can assist the one who forgot their credentials with recovery:

Recover accounts for family or team members

If the person who forgot their credentials is the only Family Organizer, then it would not be possible to recover. I hope that helps!

Ben

• cbarrios
    cbarrios
    Community Member

Hello,
    I am trying to sign in to an old account and nothing I am trying is working and I desperately need help! When I click the link saying that I am having issues logging in and enter my email address it sends me an email with a link to "view account". I click on that and it shows me the family that the account was associated with however it says the account is frozen. Would I still be able to log into the account with my email if the family account was frozen? Also is there any additional information I would be able to retrieve? It shows me when the family account was created and when the last log in was. Is that information for the family account as a whole? As in, is that the last time that the account with my email would have been logged into? My husband and I have a new family account but we were hoping to access this old one and it's important so any help at all would be very helpful. I cannot find the old secret key and none of the passwords I have tried have worked so I'm wondering if its just because the account is frozen for whatever reason? Any help and/or information is helpful. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• cbarrios
    cbarrios
    Community Member

Also is there a way to see who the organizer or administrator was on the frozen account?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cbarrios:

As mentioned above, you need the Secret Key and Master Password to login to an account. If you lost this information, you need a Family Organizer to recover the account for you. If they also lost their Secret Key and Master Password, it won't be able to access this account anymore.

Would I still be able to log into the account with my email if the family account was frozen?

Yes, you can login with an account even if it's frozen.

Also is there any additional information I would be able to retrieve?

Once you login, you can see all the account information and data in it, including being able to export it.

It shows me when the family account was created and when the last log in was. Is that information for the family account as a whole?

That's correct.

Also is there a way to see who the organizer or administrator was on the frozen account?

Yes, you can see it after logging into the account and selecting the People option in the side menu.

• cbarrios
    cbarrios
    Community Member

Is there a way to see whether there was ever someone else on the account apart from me? And just to confirm, if I’m seeing that the last log in was in 2018 and my account for my email is the only one associated with the family then that last log in would be for that specific account correct?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cbarrios:

Is there a way to see whether there was ever someone else on the account apart from me?

Yes, that would also be under the People option in the menu on the right side of the page :+1:

And just to confirm, if I’m seeing that the last log in was in 2018 and my account for my email is the only one associated with the family then that last log in would be for that specific account correct?

I believe that is correct, yes.

This discussion has been closed.