Font of field "notes" of any record (Logins, Secure Notes...) not at a constant size

DonLus
DonLus
Community Member

In the field "notes" of any type of record the text comes in different font sizes, i.e. some lines have small font, some lines below have a lartger font, then back again to a smaller one and so on...

1Password Version: Mac: 1Password 7 7.6; iPhone: 1Password 7.6.2
Extension Version: Safari 7.6
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6 and iOS 13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:font

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DonLus! Welcome to the forum!

Are you using markdown to style your notes?

• DonLus
    DonLus
    Community Member

No, I just type the keys on whatever keyboard (Mac or iPhone) I have in front of me.
    Some of those "notes" fields are years old, I change few info in them every now and then (for example id numbers),
    for years I did not have this problem, now suddenly, many of them show this strange layout

• DonLus
    DonLus
    Community Member

No, I just type the keys on whatever keyboard (Mac or iPhone) I have in front of me.
    Some of those "notes" fields are years old, I change few info in them every now and then (for example id numbers),
    for years I did not have this problem, now suddenly, many of them show this strange layout

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DonLus:

Thank you for the additional information. Can you please create a new test note that shows this behavior, and post a screenshot here?

• DonLus
    DonLus
    Community Member

I just created a "Test" Secure Note and "Test" Login, I typed some lines in both them, I also copied/pasted some sections of old notes with this strange behaviour in them, but at the moment I did not manage to duplicate the behaviour. I'll keep an eye on those test notes in the future, to see if they evolve. It could be that somehow only "old" notes and their content are affected.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DonLus:

Sounds good!

It could be that somehow only "old" notes and their content are affected.

Indeed, that was my suspicion :+1:

• DonLus
    DonLus
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

OK in that case how do I fix it? I do have hundreds of them! I tried to coy and paste the content in the same old note but the problem stays. I hope I do not have to (re)create new notes for every one of mines with the strange behaviour!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DonLus:

I am not sure what the ideal solution would be yet, because I don't remember seeing this before. I think it's the first time that I see this reported.

copy and paste in the same note?

Can you try this with one old note? I would like to see if this actually is a procedure that would solve this.

• DonLus
    DonLus
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

OK, I'll keep an eye on the two new Test notes, meanwhile I hope a solution will be found, thanks.

PS:
    Playing a bit with the bad notes I just found out this:

• in my notes as separators I use every now and then a series of dashes like "-----"
    • the new notes blend those dashes in one continuous straight line
    • the old notes keep the dashes separated, so you can see the four or five of them
    • well it looks like the text BEFORE those separated dashes in the new notes gets an enlarged font!!!
    • indeed it looks like that if I erase the dashes the text before them goes then to a normal font
    • if I type new dashes in they get blended and the text before stays at a normal font

I hope this helps you, apparently somehowe my old "separators" are interpreted as "markdown" syntax.
      Even more strange sometimes this behaviour does not occur even if the separator with the dashes is present, I di not spot any evident difference between the cases when the separators cause the enlarged font and the cases when the separators do not cause any strange behaviour.
      I'm trying to correct my notes now, still a long way to go!

• DonLus
    DonLus
    Community Member

Sorry it looks like a long post of mine went lost.
    I summ it up here again.
    I played around a bit, in many of my notes I use a series of dashes as separator "--------".
    The new notes blend those dashes in one straight line, in the old notes the dashes stay separate.
    Now some of those dashes "--------" cause the text BEFORE them to get an enlarged font.
    If I cancel and retype the series of dashes "----" the effect disappears.
    I do not get why it happens only sometimes, in the sense that there are some old separators "-------" that do not cause the text above them to be enlarged.
    It looks like that some of my old separators "----" (not all of them though) interfere with the "markdown" syntax.
    I hope you find that useful.

• @DonLus

If you don't intend to format your notes with markdown you may wish to disable it to avoid unintentional formatting.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.