I want to migrate to 1P 7, but I do not want to create a 1P account.

Options
eloyramirez
eloyramirez
Community Member

I want to migrate to 1P 7, but I do not want to create a 1P account. I want to continue using Dropbox as my vault location as I am not interested in paying a subscription for 1Password.

I have tried resetting by doing the Reset All My 1Password and starting fresh. I choose my agilekeychain vault but it opens and does not convert it. I then reset again and tried to just create a new vault and import my data, but I cannot create a New Vault.

Please Advise

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:new

Comments

• eloyramirez
    eloyramirez
    Community Member
    Options

this is a bit of a beat down...I love 1P, but for some reason, 1P 7 will not import the keychain...literally greyed out.

Please Help :(

• eloyramirez
    eloyramirez
    Community Member
    Options

@aga_ana @rudy I think you might have missed a step in showing how to fix this problem. When I open my existing old Agilekeychain it does not convert it. When I reset all 1password data and try to just start fresh, I cannot simply create a new vault to import my data into (I do not want to use a 1Password account, I want to continue using my Dropbox location).

So Basically:

• I cannot import
    • I cannot create a new vault
    • I cannot convert an existing agilekeychain

Help por favor :)

• eloyramirez
    eloyramirez
    Community Member
    Options

So Basically:

I cannot import
    I cannot create a new vault
    I cannot convert an existing agilekeychain

Help por favor :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eloyramirez!

Let's make sure we have all we need before we proceed: have you already downloaded 1Password 7, purchased a license for it, and applied it to the app?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have also merged all your messages in this discussion, so we have everything in the same place ;)

I see that you are indeed running 1Password 7, so I would only like to know if you have purchased a license and applied it to the app already. If you cannot add any data to the app, this is typically the reason.

This discussion has been closed.