Strange Vault after converting to v7

Options
oldpal
oldpal
Community Member

I just installed 1Password 7 for families for my wife and myself. We each have a Mac, iPad and iPhone and migrating from an older version of 1Password. With help I was able to get my devices up and running 1Password 7. Each device has two vaults, Private and Share. Only Private is populated. So far so good. With considerable help from your support team, I got each of my wife's device running 1Password 7. I thought everything was OK until I noticed that my wife's devices had two additional vaults. One was called Personal and was located in her Dropbox. I deleted the 1Password stuff in Dropbox and the vault disappeared. The other vault is called "1Password" and contains pretty much the same items as those in her Private vault. What did I do to get this vault and what should I do with it? Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @oldpal

I'd be happy to help with that. If all of her data is visible to your wife when she logs into her account at https://my.1password.com/ then I'd suggest removing any standalone vaults. With 1Password for Mac this can be accomplished using the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data option and with 1Password for iOS it can be done by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. After, she would sign back into her account. Then she will have the same data (and vaults) as she has on my.1password.com. Hopefully that'll help make things easier. :)

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• oldpal29
    oldpal29
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Yes I see all of her data in the Private vault in her account in https://my.1password.com. I don't believe that she has any standalone vaults. As I said, she did have a vault called Personal, that I removed by deleting the 1Password stuff in her Dropbox. I am attaching a screen shot of her account.

You see the vault called 1Password is the one that I'm concerned about. If I use 1Password app on her Mac to reset all password data, will I erase all data in her Private vault?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oldpal29:

Thank you for the additional information! Resetting the 1Password for Mac app would not remove additional vaults in your account that you don't need anymore. If you don't want the 1Password vault in the screenshot anymore, and you are sure you don't have anything you need in it anymore, you can just delete that vault.

• oldpal
    oldpal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana and Ben,

Deleting the "1Password" vault worked, Thanks so much. Any idea how it was created during the installation?

• Ben
    Options

@oldpal

My best guess would be that was a standalone vault that had been in use at one point and the migration process picked up on it. In any event, I'm glad to hear things are working better now. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.