To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Suggestion - Compromised Websites Section

1b_
1b_
Community Member

In the Compromised Websites section (which I assume pulls from haveibeenpwned.com), there are about a dozen sites that are showing for me - a few show as "password already changed", which is great.

However, it seems to assume that I must - and CAN - change the passwords for these other breaches, when in reality, there are other possibilities.

It would be nice to put warnings "to bed" with other options, like:

• "This account has already been deleted, so is now secure by virtue of that"
  • "This website is now defunct, so can't change the password"
  • "I can't change the password for some other reason"
    and so on.

This way, it would be possible to not drown out any new breaches that require attention.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• petachya
    petachya
    Community Member

Can we please have a setting to move these alerts to the bottom or acknowledge and dismiss them? The initial information is great, but not the constant nagging with no apparent way to hide the bright red warning at the top of the general Categories view. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1b_!

"This account has already been deleted, so is now secure by virtue of that"
    "This website is now defunct, so can't change the password"

Using a separate Archive vault would help you with this. Many people (myself included) use a vault like this to move old stuff that is not active anymore. This would also mean that alerts for older items would not show up in your main vault. Is this something that would work for you?

"I can't change the password for some other reason"

I don't believe I have ever encountered a case where I am not able to change a password for an account I own. Can you please give us some examples of when this could happen? Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@petachya:

Thank you for the feedback! What platform are you using 1Password on? I am checking this on 1Password for Mac but I don't see a warning at the top of all items, only when I click a specific vulnerable item in my vault.

• petachya
    petachya
    Community Member

This is in iOS, on the iPhone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@petachya:

Got it, thank you for the confirmation :+1:

• 1b_
    1b_
    Community Member

@ag_ana No particular examples I can give, that last bullet point was more a catch-all :)

I like the secondary vault idea, might give that a go - thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @1b_! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Even when using an Archive to keep old/deleted accounts, sometimes I have reason to browse said archive or “all vaults”. In those scenarios, the compromised websites show up, and it would be great to have a way to mark them as dealt with/not applicable. Sure, it’s completionism but it would help keep things correct and avoid even the smallest chance of missed reference to a compromised account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you for sharing a specific scenario with us @bazza_blog :+1:

This discussion has been closed.