1Password X - suggested passwords come from "All Vaults", not selected vaults

I am using 1Password X on Google Chrome and primarily use one vault for it. When I select the extension, then vaults, said single vault is selected. However, when suggestions to be filled come up, passwords from ALL vaults are suggested - it's not actually all vaults, is the vaults that I have designated as "all vaults" in the 1Password X settings.

How can I change it so that only passwords (suggestions) from the currently selected vault are selected? I often have several passwords for a single site that I don't want all to pop up.

1Password Version: X: 1.20.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @apellereau! Welcome to the forum!

How can I change it so that only passwords (suggestions) from the currently selected vault are selected?

This is how things work here for me if I open 1Password X to a specific vault. For confirmation, what do you see if you click on the 1Password X icon in your browser and click on the Settings icon? What do you see next to the first entry (Vault selected)?

• apellereau
    apellereau
    Community Member

Hey @ag_ana, thank you.
    Yeah I figured that is what is supposed to happen, I can't figure out why it's not... When I click on the icon and then the settings icon, it shows the one selected vault... but then it gives me autofill suggestions, it still shows me all entries from the "all vaults" section... I just experimented a bit, so when I go into the setting and select no vaults for the "all vaults" setting, then if gives me no suggestions. She the suggestions definitely seems to always pull from the "all vaults" (however they are defined/set) and not from the currently selected vault...

Any idea how to fix it? Reinstall 1Password x extension?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@apellereau:

Perhaps I see what is happening now. For confirmation, is this happening directly within the main 1Password X browser extension, or in the inline menu that appears below a login form, when you try to login to a website?

• apellereau
    apellereau
    Community Member

Only the inline menus that appears below a login form... Is that how it’s supposed to be working?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@apellereau:

Thank you for the confirmation! Indeed, the inline menu currently shows you suggestions from the list of vaults you selected. I was originally testing this within the main 1Password X window rather than in the inline menu on a login form.

• apellereau
    apellereau
    Community Member

Got it. Thanks for clarifying that. Would be great if that could adapt just like with the 1Password extension

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@apellereau:

I will ask the team if this is expected behavior :+1: I will send you an update as soon as I hear back.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@apellereau:

I have heard back on this: I can confirm that this is currently the expected behavior. I will however keep an eye out for similar requests and see if this would be something that we could perhaps revisit in the future :+1:

• apellereau
    apellereau
    Community Member

Thanks Ana. Only because the app extension behaves differently, the way I expected it too.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @apellereau :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.