Suggestion: make secure notes show in the suggestions based on a site

What I mean is to add a site in the sections of a secure note and when I'm in that site, as it happens with logins, the secure note show up in the suggestion tab.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: X 1.21.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @loggor!

I don't think secure notes were thought to be connected to a website, so may I suggest you try the opposite approach? Instead of adding a website to a note, can you try adding the note to the Login item instead? Every Login item can have notes fields within it, so it looks like this would do what you are trying to do.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

I thought of that, but it would be a weird workaround (specially if the note is not related to a login). Since notes have website fields, the extension could use them to bring them up as a suggestion when you open the extension.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@loggor:

I thought of that, but it would be a weird workaround (specially if the note is not related to a login).

Can you give us a specific example where this would be the case?

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

Imagine if you keep notes that contains info that you would eventually use in multiple websites (it could be a shopping list), or even one (that doesn't require login for example). If you have a site field in the note, 1Password could use it to bring it up in the suggestions when you are in one of these websites, saving a few clicks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you for the clarification and for the examples @loggor :+1:

This discussion has been closed.