Lost Master Password

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Export from IOS, lost MP.

Comments

• break520
    break520
    Community Member
    Options

I lost my MP password and unfortunately broke my phone so my face ID does not work. Is there anyway to access my account or export my data to another device or system? I tried accessing it on my Mac computer however that is requesting my MP password as well. I tried downloading and syncing from iCloud on another iPhone as well and that is requesting my MP password also. Please help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @break520! Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about this. The Master Password is required to access your data, unless you have another device with Touch ID or Face ID enabled. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

• break520
    break520
    Community Member
    Options

I have a really old iPhone with Touch ID that works and I can access with my old master password. Is there any way to transfer my to this phone so I can access?

• Ben
    Options

@break520

It wouldn't be possible to transfer the Touch ID authentication from one device to another, but what we can help you do is establish a new 1Password account, with a new Master Password, and help you migrate the data that is in 1Password on the old iPhone that you can access to the new account. To get started with that I'd recommend signing up for a new account using a web browser on a computer (i.e. not a mobile device):

https://1password.com/sign-up/

As part of the signup process you'll pick a Master Password and will be asked to print an Emergency Kit. Please do so, and then write the chosen Master Password on the printout. Once complete you can use this printout to add your new account to the 1Password app on the old iPhone. Then, move your data from its current location on the old iPhone into the vault within the new account:

Move and copy items

Once you've gotten to that point please let us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.