1Password don't ask to save password

tompasto
tompasto
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

I recently subscribe to 1Password.
I add 1Password X plugin to Google Chrome.
In numerous login forms (not all) 1Password don't ask me to save the password, the first time i loggin to a website.
I need to add the information manually to 1password app, but it's not always working (when i go back to loggin again, 1password don't display suggestions). How to force 1 password to save my passwords ?

Tx

1Password Version: 1passwordX
_Extension Version: 1.20.0
_OS Version: Google Chrome Windos 10
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @tompasto ,

1Password X will show up inside usernames and password fields as you type in them, and will show a big "Save in 1Password" button. Click on that button after you are done typing in your username and password manually, that will trigger the prompt to save that page as a new login in your 1Password. No need to create logins manually :)

Another method is to manually fill in the username and password in the website, then right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and selecting "Save Login".

As for autofilling, when you focus a username or a password field with your mouse by clicking on it, 1Password X will show up suggesting autofilling (if its unlocked. If not, you'll have to unlock it first with your Master Password).

Here's an expanded explanation of what I described, with a video and images: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/
    In case you are experiencing issues with 1Password X on specific websites, feel free to share the URL of these websites here so we can test them for you.

This discussion has been closed.