iOS Autofill Issues

jms_1p
jms_1p
Community Member
edited August 2020 in iOS

I'm using the latest iOS and 1Password (details below) and following the autofill instructions from here: https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

I'm using 1Password only for autofill (i.e., no iCloud). With two different accounts (mine, which is 1P Families & a friend's 1P Personal) I'm seeing two different problems.

Issue 1 (w/ 1Password Families):
When I use iOS Safari and navigate to a login screen (Amazon in this case) I see the "for amazon.com -- 1Password • xxxx@mac.com" text above the keyboard as expected. Also the lock icon is right of this text (also above the keyboard). If I tap on the aforementioned text, 1Password populates the password field with an old password (one in the Password History). In contrast, if I use the key icon, tap on 1Password, use my fingerprint, and tap on the Amazon entry in 1Password, the proper password is entered. (Note: Above the 1Password... and below the Choose a saved password to use heading, I see two entries for Amazon. The top one houses the old password and unfortunately it seems to be the one that is being used by default. The second entry does include the correct password.)

To address this issue, I've tried the following steps (when each failed to correct the problem, I tried the next):

• disabling and re-enabling AutoFill Passwords (on my two iOS devices -- iPhone 8 Plus & iPad Pro 10.5").
  • In 1Password (on my Mac (v7.6), I duplicated the Amazon entry and and then deleted the original. (I tried this because there does not seem to be a method to delete an old password from the history.)
  • repeated disabling and re-enabling AutoFill Passwords

Even after these steps, 1Password is using the old password!

Issue 2 (w/ 1Password Personal)
Again I've followed the steps above to enable autofill. In this case, when I use iOS Safari and navigate to the Amazon site, I don't see any indication that autofill is available (i.e., no text or lock above the keyboard).

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @jms_1p

Thanks for taking the time to detail this experience. I'd be happy to help.

(Note: Above the 1Password... (below the Choose a saved password to use heading), I see two entries for Amazon.

This seemingly indicates that there are two separate Login items saved in 1Password for amazon.com, and likely not a case of something from 'password history' on an item being filled (1Password doesn't ever share 'password history' with autofill). If you open the 1Password for iOS app then:

1. Select the Settings tab
    2. Select Vaults
    3. Select All Vaults
    4. Make sure there are no vaults that are disabled
    5. Select the Categories tab
    6. Select All Items
    7. Do a search for amazon.com

Do you see more than one result? If so, does one of them have the wrong password on it? If it does, you may want to delete that item.

Again I've followed the steps above to enable autofill. In this case, when I use iOS Safari and navigate to the Amazon site, I don't see any indication that autofill is available (i.e., no text or lock above the keyboard).

Is this happening on an iPad by chance? If so please make sure in the Settings app General > Keyboard > Shortcuts is enabled.

Ben

• jms_1p
    jms_1p
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Thanks for the quick reply!

Issue 1: I followed the steps suggested. In Password in the app I see two entries (one for my user ID, xxxx@mac.com, as mentioned above, and one for my wife, xxxx@gmail.com). For simplicity I only mentioned my account. (Sorry if that was a detail I should have mentioned originally.) So when I click on the lock icon I actually see 4 entries, 2 for my account and 2 for my wife's.

BTW, I did confirm that the password automatically populated is the latest one in the history. Obviously I don't know the details, but it seems that the old password is cached in the sync data.

Issue 2: No, this issue is on an iPhone that has Face ID. (Not sure of the exact model since it's my friend's. I urged her to purchase 1Password Personal and I'm helping her get started.)

• jms_1p
    jms_1p
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Update:

Issue 2 resolved itself after returning to the phone several hours later. Issue 1 remains.

• jms_1p
    jms_1p
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Update 2:

I fixed Issue 1 by deleting and re-installing 1Password on my iPhone.

• Thanks for the update @jms_1p! I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve these issues. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.