NS & I iOS app

Options
rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

For some reason, the NS&I iOS app does not support Touch ID / Face ID. It requires an account number, a surname and a password. The "Password" bar on the keyboard is presented when you tap either of the Surname or Password fields but not on the NSI&I Number field.

If I choose my NS&I item in 1Password then it fills in the password but leaves the number and surname blank.

This is how I have it set up in 1Password Mac. It fills in their website fine but took a bit of fiddling around before I got it to work.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Neil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rctneil

It may be worth contacting the app developer to see what their plans regarding the iOS Password AutoFill feature are. My colleague Rudy posted some helpful tips for app developers over here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115012/is-there-an-developer-resource-for-ios-app-best-practices
    Beyond that, best I can tell, unfortunately there really isn't anything you or we can do here.

As Rudy mentioned in that thread only a 'username' and 'password' are currently exposed through AutoFill, so the best we'd be able to do here, if given the appropriate context, would be to fill two of the three fields. This is a limitation of the Password AutoFill feature, rather than 1Password. For apps that support the 1Password extension, we're able to do more:
    https://github.com/AgileBits/onepassword-app-extension#1password-app-extension

The ideal situation for maximum compatibility both now and going forward would be for this app to either:

1. Switch to a more traditional authentication process, using a username and password field, and in the process make sure those fields are approparitely marked as such so autofill picks them up
    2. Flag the fields they currently have appropriately so that two of the fields can be filled by autofill, but also add the 1Password extension to the app

I'm not sure which if either would be agreeable to the app developer, but those would be the two solutions I could think of here.

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks. I have just tweeted them a link to this thread

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @rctneil! :)

This discussion has been closed.