1P neither not filling or not completing Log-In

2»

Comments

• Ah, interesting, @Andrew42. I've actually noticed that with 1Password X from time to time. I think this actually comes down to a focus issue. I'd wager when this happens focus isn't properly moving to your browser or is otherwise being directed elsewhere. I am fairly certain we added some logging for that to the beta because we were trying to track down a related issue. Could you reproduce the failure and – without fixing it in any way – generate a diagnostics report right after? Send that over to support+windows@1password.com and include a link to this discussion in the body of the message. This way if it doesn't hit our inbox before I scoot for the day, our weekend team will know what it's doing there. Thanks!

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

@Bundkate, I had gone to bed when you sent this. (I was only up watching some extraordinary snooker). I have sent the diagnostics report. What I did was open 1P desktop and select Agilebits Forum. I clicked on "Open and Fill". When the log-in stopped without populating I immediately created the diagnostics report. I hope that was what you wanted.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42:

Thank you! Can you please share the ticket number you received, so we can locate your message in the system? Thank you!

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I never received a ticket #. But if what you mean are the digits at the end of the diagnostics file name they are: 1597479108. If this is not what you need, please tell me where to look for it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020

@Andrew42:

You can find the ticket number in the automatic email you should have received after you sent us your report. A ticket number looks like this [#ABC-DEF-123].

If you did not receive an email, please make sure you take a look at your spam folder, as sometimes automatic emails might end up there :+1:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I don't know what to tell you. I have not received a ticket number. I, just now, sent a duplicate email from a different email address and got back an acknowledgement from Microsoft that the email had been delivered to support+windows@1password.com. However, I do not have a ticket number from that email address either.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: For reference, your ticket number is [#RIA-99189-468] ;)

We will take a look at the report and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: RIA-99189-468

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Tks. Understood.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

@Bundkate. To your focus comment. I attach a print screen of what happens when I click on the email log-in box after 1P fails to populate. I hope this is helpful.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42:

Thank you for the screenshot! I don't recognize that menu. Did you turn off the built-in password manager in the browser? I wonder if this is coming from the browser instead of from 1Password.

The reason I ask is because leaving the browser's password management feature enabled together with 1Password could cause interference, so I wonder if this could be what is causing the issue.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Not sure what you mean by not recognising the menu. That screenshot, so far as I am concerned, shows the standard Agilebits Forum Log in screen.
    I use Brave and yes the Brave password manager is turned on becasue that is the default setting which I have never thought to change.
    You seem to be suggesting that this may be causing problems? Yet I have never read anywhere that 1P recomends turning off browser password managers. I can do that if that is what is recommended.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

No matter which extension you use (1Password companion extension or 1Password X), we always recommend to turn off the built-in password manager in your browser. Here is how you can do it:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Please make sure to do that and let us know how it works for you after that. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Since your message, I have turned off Brave Password manager. I have also moved networks and places a hundred miles part. It has made not the slightest difference.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42:

Since your message, I have turned off Brave Password manager.

Thank you for the update!

I have also moved networks and places a hundred miles part.

I doubt this would have anything to do with what you are seeing, but thank you for mentioning it. You never know :)

It has made not the slightest difference.

Thanks for letting us know! It's good to know that we are now starting from a recommended configuration. I think at this point we can take a look at the diagnostics report and see if that shows some interesting information about why this is happening to you :+1:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Just an update. @Bundkate took me under her wing and it would appear, on my machine at least, CCleaner does not play nicely with 1Password. At least, when I don't have CCleaner running in the background, 1P if not flawless, essentially operates as it should. The moment I restart CCleaner so does the rogue behaviour. I've reported this to AVAST/Piriform and we'll see what they come up with. Thanks for all the support and help.

• Thanks to you too, @Andrew42, both for sticking with me as we hunted things down and for closing the loop here. Stay safe, have a nice cold beverage to mourn our Blues' departure from the playoffs, and don't be a stranger. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.