I have been using 1Password for many years. It has stopped synching via Dropbox.

I've just noticed that 1Password no longer synchs between my Mac and my Android phone via Dropbox. I set it up to do so many years ago but it seems the latest files on Dropbox date from 2018. What's gone wrong?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password hasn't synched since 2018

Comments

• Hi @DavidRennie,

1Password 6 has been retired for 2+ years and is no longer receiving updates. We'd be happy to try and help here, but ultimately the recommendation would be to upgrade to 1Password membership, which is going to include 1Password 7. The modification date on the folder is not necessarily an indication of a problem, but if the data truly isn't syncing then obviously that is. ;) If you add a new item in 1Password for Mac it does not appear in 1Password for Android? Could you please verify that both devices are still set to sync with Dropbox?

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

Let me know what you find. Thanks!

Ben

• aflock
    aflock
    Community Member

I had the same exact issue, Mac and Android syncing via Dropbox no longer functional and the same versions as you. I saw the file gets updated, but neither platform picks up the others. I solved it by un-syncing and re-syncing on the Mac app, which then merged the files. It refused to sync until the Dropbox daemon was running on Mac, which may have been the issue all along.

Hope that helps you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@aflock:

Thank you for the suggestion!

It refused to sync until the Dropbox daemon was running on Mac, which may have been the issue all along.

This could have certainly been the reason: if Dropbox is not running properly, 1Password won't be able to sync until that is sorted :+1:

This discussion has been closed.