How to find my subdomain?

dihakz
dihakz
Community Member
edited August 2020 in CLI

I always login with my.1password.com. However, I started using Station and the CLI, and both want my subdomain. When I use "my" as my subdomain, it tells me my Master Key is wrong. I regenerated a Master Key, and yet it still will not allow me to login.

I don't see anywhere to find what my personal (family) subdomain is, nor how to regenerate or recover a Master Key and/or Master Password for my family subdomain (e.g. myfamily.1password.com)

Do I have a separate account? Is there something I'm missing? What do I need to do to connect to Station?

Thanks!
D.I.

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-4
Extension Version: 70700004
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dihakz!

"my" is indeed the default subdomain for Families accounts :+1:

If this is the Station I think you are referring to, I suggest you read this discussion on the forum, specifically this post from one of our developers:

Station is embedding a copy of the 1Password command line tool in their application and are using it to create a faux 1Password extension. We have been in contact with them, where we advised them that we cannot recommend that our users use something like this, but alas the feature exists. Since this involves entering your 1Password credentials into an application other that 1Password, we cannot recommend that you do so.

I suspect that the issue is not coming from 1Password, but from Station. Do you see the same behavior if you use our CLI directly?

• dihakz
    dihakz
    Community Member

Hi! Thanks for writing.

For the most part, I think this satisfies my question. There are, however, two locations to put a 1Password account in: 1) The 1Password “app” (which did what you’ve mentioned above) and, 2) clicking on my account profile (it has “Password Managers” at the bottom, including only option — to connect 1Password.)

The CLI works fine with “my” so I should be okay there.

I suspect the password manager might have only to do with Teams support on Station.

Regardless, thank you!

D.I.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dihakz:

There are, however, two locations to put a 1Password account in: 1) The 1Password “app” (which did what you’ve mentioned above) and, 2) clicking on my account profile (it has “Password Managers” at the bottom, including only option — to connect 1Password.)

We still only recommend entering your 1Password credentials in 1Password, not in third-party apps, for security reasons :+1:

The CLI works fine with “my” so I should be okay there.

That's good to hear, thank you for the update :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• dihakz
    dihakz
    Community Member

A good rule of thumb. Thank you for the follow-up!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.