1Password will not save or fill properly when the UserID field type="password"

One of the university websites has both Login ID and Password fields set to the password input type which is causing problems saving and filling. There are options on what the UserID might be, SSN being one of those, and the University has chosen to obscure this field.

I used the technique described here to save the login which worked brilliantly. https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Saving the UserID field worked only if I used Chrome Developer Tools to delete the type="password" property from the UserID field. Otherwise, 1Password would only save the password.

Similarly, filling the UserID field only works if I remove the type="password" property, otherwise this field is not filled. I am able to successfully use the "Type in Window" feature.

Can you suggest how I might work around this issue or how I might log this as a feature request? Again, I am able to successfully use the "Type in Window" feature, but this is not optimal.

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro version 2004
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danddba! Welcome to the forum!

Can you share the full URL with us where this is happening, so we can test the website? Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@danddba:

Thank you! I have tested the website and I confirm that I was able to fill both fields after saving the login manually in the browser.

I used the technique described here to save the login which worked brilliantly. https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

Can you confirm this worked for you too? I am not sure I understand if this fixed the issue for you or not. Thank you!

• danddba
    danddba
    Community Member

I added something which broke the login:

To fix this, I saved the login manually and didn't edit anything. This is working as expected.

However
    1. The fields saved in 1Password are confusing, and
    2. This is difficult to reproduce

I'd be happy to do a screen share with agilebits tech support to demonstrate the problem, but I'm not comfortable supplying the detail here, in a public forum.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@danddba:

Thank you for confirming! I am happy to hear that saving the login manually solved the issue :+1:

I'd be happy to do a screen share with agilebits tech support to demonstrate the problem, but I'm not comfortable supplying the detail here, in a public forum.

You are always welcome to email us at support+forum@agilebits.com if you prefer to have private conversations with us, instead of sharing this on the forum.

This discussion has been closed.