Searching for 1Password 6 vault on old machine

Options
rothaar
rothaar
Community Member

I am trying to locate my locally stored (no external sync of any sort) vault on an old computer. I was using 1Password 6. When I log in and open 1Password, it seems to believe I have no local vaults.

I have searched everywhere I can think of, and that my google/forum searches suggest. Of course, I can't even find the file for my local 1Password 7 vaults, so I'm not confident I'm looking in the right places. I did a spotlight search for opvault and agilekeychain files without luck, both on my current and old machine.

I am unable to find copies of the vaults anywhere I look, and the backups in ~/Library/Group Containers contain 0 items... Which is a bad sign.

I do have some old TimeMachine backups of the machine, as well, and haven't had any better luck searching those.

Please help :)

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: NA

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rothaar!

1Password 7's data lives in ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits, so it makes sense that it's empty, if you created those vaults in 1Password 6. Can you try looking inside ~/Library/Application Support/1Password4 instead?

• rothaar
    rothaar
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! That solved my problem. I didn't think to look closely at the 1Password4 material, I thought it was old...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @rothaar! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.