1Password X didn't give me an opportunity to save username & password

I logged in to a forum and entered my username & password. But 1Password x didn't give me an opportunity to save the username & password. How do I do this? Windows 10 Pro. Thank you.....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nisko! Welcome to the forum!

Before logging into an account, you can click on the Save in 1Password button that appears below the form to save that login ;) Here is a screenshot of what it looks like from our documentation.

• Nisko
    Nisko
    Community Member

The "Save in Password" button wasn't there. What would cause that to happen? After I entered my username and password, I checked 1Password and the login information was there - maybe there before in Lastpass. So, when I imported my data from Lastpass, it could have been already there. But, if it was, why wouldn't have 1Password X have filled it in for me without a prompt? Thank you........

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Nisko:

But, if it was, why wouldn't have 1Password X have filled it in for me without a prompt?

We can test this for you and see if we can reproduce the same behavior :+1: Do you remember what website this happened with? If you could share the full URL with us, we will be happy to test.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Nisko:

Thank you! I have tested that website with 1Password X and things worked fine for me there. Here is a short video I recorded for you:

So as you can see, 1Password X both suggested the login, and also filled it on the page. It did not ask me to save it because it is already in my 1Password data, so this would explain why it did not prompt you to save it, since you confirmed your credentials were already stored in 1Password.

• Nisko
    Nisko
    Community Member

Thank you very much. The video is very quick so, to be sure I understand, when I enter a new login, the prompt will say Test xxxxxxx (I can't read that word in the video)? Perhaps I was looking for something that said 1Password (maybe that's what it says).

Two other questions: If 1Password X already knows the username & password, will it automatically fill them in? And if a password gets changed by me, will 1Password X prompt me if I want to save the new password and override the old password? I'm obviously a new user (migrating from Lastpass). Thank you again!!!

• @Nisko

Sorry about that. The video Ana has there is showing what it'll look like once you already have a Login item saved. Here is what it looks like if you do not:

And, as I say, the video Ana posted shows what it'll look like when you have a Login saved. You'll see the option to fill said Login below the form fields. Regarding updating an existing Login when you're changing the password... yes, that does (or, should) result in a prompt. I've also taken a screenshot showing an example of that:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Nisko
    Nisko
    Community Member

If 1Password X already knows the username & password, will it automatically fill them in? Or do I have to click on something to use the saved username & password? Thank you.

• You'll see the Login item associated with that site suggested right in the username and password fields, @Nisko:

Press down arrow, then enter to fill it, or just click the suggestion. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.