Sudden/intermittent bugs in password saving and updating login credentials

Options
harish_ravikumar
harish_ravikumar
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Dear team,

Hope you're doing well in these trying times.

I faced sudden, intermittent issues with my 1Password X addon on my Windows PC.

I found two bugs, which I didn't encounter in the past.

1. Password suggestions for a new website. The suggestions dropdown came and when I click on the suggested password, nothing happens. It just simply got stuck.

2. Updating saved credentials: For a website, I have multiple login credentials. When I change my password to update login credentials, instead of showing all the existing credentials from which I can choose one to update, 1Password just shows one and nothing more.

I've done these two actions and it worked just fine in the past.

Regards,
Harish

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @harish_ravikumar!

Password suggestions for a new website. The suggestions dropdown came and when I click on the suggested password, nothing happens. It just simply got stuck.

Do you remember what website this happened with?

Updating saved credentials: For a website, I have multiple login credentials. When I change my password to update login credentials, instead of showing all the existing credentials from which I can choose one to update, 1Password just shows one and nothing more.

Are all of these entries using the same website URL?

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana Thanks for your response.
    Both of my issues were encountered in login.salesforce.com website.
    Regards,
    Harish

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@harish_ravikumar:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have tested that website and I was not able to reproduce the first issue, things seem to be working fine for me. When I tried one of the passwords generated by 1Password X, it filled it and I saw this popup as expected:

So it looks like this website should work for you too. Are you able to consistently reproduce the issue on this website?

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thanks for your quick feedback.
    No, I'm not able to reproduce the issues today.
    Perhaps, it could be one off-day for the addon not to work. I used Edge chromium browser for this.
    But, thanks anyway for looking into it. I'll keep you apprised if I encounter the same issue again.

Regards,
    Harish

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@harish_ravikumar:

Absolutely, please let us know if you notice this again and I will be happy to test the website again :)

With regards to the second issue you mentioned, is that also still happening to you?

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thanks again for your response.

In regard to the second issue, I'm quite not sure how to reproduce the issue.

Usually, if one of my credentials' password gets expired, I'll be taken to the new password maintenance form of the website, where I'll use 1Password suggestion for password creation. Then I'll choose 'update saved login' instead of creating new login via 1Password pop-up.

I can retest it on this website, if you tell me how I can follow the above steps, without a credential being expired.

Regards,
    Harish

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@harish_ravikumar:

Don't worry about it, I just asked because I also had issues reproducing this second issue. I could not find a set of steps that make this happen, so I was wondering if you had found a way to consistently reproduce this. But if this also happened just once, that's great :)

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Looks like the second issue is also a one-off. I had one of my credentials expired today, for which I succeeded in the update of login credentials, where 1Password showed all my previous logins of this website.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's good to hear @harish_ravikumar :) Once again, should you notice this behavior again (even on a different website), please let us know and we will be happy to test again :+1:

This discussion has been closed.