WatchTower is advising me to change my password although I already did

Hi together,

looking into the forum I recognised different postings about problems with WatchTower and as there seems to be some ongoing work on it I'll report my as well.

Starting my 1PW I get a hint, that my login to discussions.agilebits.com might be compromised due to a security flaw and if I haven’t changed my password since November 15, 2019 I should do that. As advised I did on February 2, 2020 but as you can see in the attached screenshot the warning doesn't disappear. Is this because the original password is still in the history (and might be recovered) or is this a bug?

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spuch!

I have just tried updating a test compromised login and it disappeared from Watchtower immediately after I changed the password. If you close 1Password completely and relaunch it, does the warning disappear for you? I wonder if starting fresh will help :)

• spuch
    spuch
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana
    thanks for your reply. After closing and relaunching 1Password I observed the same behaviour. Thus I changed my password a second time and exactly as your test showed the warning disappeared immediately after I changed the password. Maybe the first time I changed (by accident) to another compromised login, which should be extremely rare, because it was described as "very good" by 1Password. :(
    However, now everything looks fine. Thanks again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @spuch! And thank you for the update, I am glad to hear that things are working as expected again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.