Vault syncs between iPhone and iPad, but not with iMac

Toerek
Toerek
Community Member

iPassword 7 on iMac, iPhone XS Max (iOS 13.6) and iPad Pro (13.5.1). Primary vault/Personal on Mac has 437 items. Vault on iPhone & iPad both have 406 items. Sync with iCloud is selected on all devices and works fine between iPhone and iPad. Updates not working between Mac and iPhone/iPad. Same master password is used on iPhone/iPad, but the Mac has a different Master Password. Seems like Mac is using a different vault than iPhone/iPad. How do I confirm and ensure same vault is used by all devices?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @Toerk

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble getting everything in order. When using a 1Password membership iCloud should be uninvolved in syncing your 1Password data, and the Primary vault should be deleted. That is likely the source of the difficulty here. That would also explain why the devices aren't all unlocking with the same password. When a Primary vault exists, the password for that vault is what 1Password needs to unlock. Without one, you'd use your account password (e.g. the same as https://my.1password.com).

Does the Personal vault contain all of your items? If so you can use these instructions to delete the Primary vault:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

If the Primary vault contains items that are not in the Personal vault, please move them over before proceeding with the deletion. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Toerek
    Toerek
    Community Member

Thank you Ben! It was a little scary to delete the vault - but that did it! Looks like everything is syncing now. Appreciate the help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @Toerek! I am glad to hear that everything is syncing now :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.