If in full screen and front, "Open 1Password" in system tray opens 1Password again [Confirmed]

lumarellumarel
edited August 19 in Linux Beta

Hey,

I noticed that clicking the "Open 1Password" button via the KStatusNotifierItem/AppIndicator (or double-clicking the icon) always triggers the application to appear (the default animation of fedora gets triggered), even if the application is already in the foreground

Maybe this issue has already been discovered but I would like to mention it, as I didn't find it in a forum entry up to now :chuffed:

Thanks, lumarel!

1Password Version: 0.8.1-23078
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Fedora Release 32
Desktop Environment: GNOME 3.36.5
Window System: Wayland
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @lumarel,

Thanks again for reporting this. Do you still see this with the latest 1Password 0.8.2 update?

I'm not seeing anything odd on Gnome 3.34 + Pop!_OS nor Fedora with Gnome 3.36.

• Hey @MikeT,

Okay I have two updates, this problem also exists in Xorg not only Wayland, and after the upgrade to 0.8.2 double-clicking on the icon is fixed :+1:

And here is a short gif about the whole animation:

Team Member

@lumarel, just to be clear, the issue is resolved fully after updating to 0.8.2?

Yea, that's a very odd glitch there, I've never seen it before. Did it happen in non-full screen mode too?

• The gif is actually already from 0.8.2 @MikeT :+1:
    I did the update right after opening this thread

I will have to try it in non-full screen mode later, to be completely sure, but I think it shows the same behavior.

Team Member
    edited August 19

@lumarel,

I was able to see a redraw artifact when the app is in full screen mode. If it is not full screen, then it doesn't happen. I'm not sure yet if that's our issue or how it works. We'll investigate to see what's going on.

ref: dev/core/core#2553

• Okay great @MikeT

and I can confirm now, that it only happens in fullscreen mode :+1:

Team Member

Excellent, thanks for confirming that.

• I was able to replicate this with my standard 'Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS' install with GNOME 3.36.4. Full screen glitches but non full-screen doesn't show a change/animation.

Team Member
    edited August 20

Thanks for the additional confirmation. That is what I use on my ThinkPad, so it is nice it is consistent across distros, ensuring a fix should apply to them all.

Hopefully, it may be a quick fix. 🤞

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file