Browser add-on already set up to work in Edge?

adam1991
adam1991
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Last I heard, to make the browser add-on work in Edge we had to jump through a very small hoop and copy the appropriate .json file from the Chrome application support folder to the corresponding Edge folder.

In fact, I was reminded about this just yesterday in the thread about 1PX beta integration with the desktop app going away for now.

Anyway, because I moved to Edge and like it (it was that DAI with 1PX that got me to move), I went ahead and deleted 1PX and installed the browser add-on and went to copy the .json file over--but I found that the file was already in place in the Edge application support folder.

In fact, I found this to be the case on two separate Edge installations on two separate computers.

I know I didn't do that. Is that something 1PX did? Or is that new overall with 1P beta? Anyway, removing 1PX and installing the standard browser add-on worked perfectly for me with only a browser restart. I was expecting a tad more drama.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @adam1991,

I'm not sure who gave you instructions to copy the json file over, but 1Password for Mac has been maintaining that file for the release version of Edge (if you have Edge installed and have run it at least once) since 1Password for Mac 7.4.2.

• @adam1991,

It doesn't however maintain files for Edge Beta/Edge Dev/Edge Canary. It only maintains files for the release versions of FireFox/Chrome/Edge at the following paths:

~/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts/2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json
    ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json
    ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge/NativeMessagingHosts/2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json

This discussion has been closed.