To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password customer support is subpar!

Options
sjhuettl
sjhuettl
Community Member

I finally, very hesitantly, upgraded to 1Password 7 so I wouldn't have to keep my family's passwords. I've hesitated because I knew support was subpar. Sure enough, it's taken me days to resolve an issue via email in different time zones, that could be done over the phone in a matter of 1 hr, 2 hours tops. You REALLY need to invest in a better customer support system. I don't feel it's worth the subscription for crappy support. I am seriously considering asking for a refund.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: A mess
Referrer: forum-search:1Password customer support

Comments

• sjhuettl
    sjhuettl
    Community Member
    Options

I should follow up with...asking for a refund yet again. I've given you guys 2 chances to be better at this.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sjhuettl

I'm very sorry to hear that was your experience. We make every effort to respond to all emails within 24 hours, often much quicker. We'd be happy to help with your request, however we're unable to discuss any billing details or look up anyone's account information based on a request via this public forum. All billing requests must be handled via email. I see you have an existing email thread open with us and I've asked our team to follow up ASAP.

I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Ben

ref: AHT-21926-779

• sjhuettl
    sjhuettl
    Community Member
    Options

That's just it. A 24 hr response is a terrible customer support model.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sjhuettl:

Sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations! We will do our best to keep improving :+1:

• sjhuettl
    sjhuettl
    Community Member
    Options

I've been asked to post an update, as I finally fixed my issue after 3 days of emailing with support and waiting hours and time zones to align before getting a response. I had to wait overnight a couple of evenings just to get a quick verification on a step to the instructions. I would hate to think how long this would take me if I had started on a Thursday or Friday. While I don't begrudge anyone going home at the end of a work day, I would be confident that my issue could've be solved in less than a couple of working hours with a chat feature or phone support. I'm posting this in hopes that you implement a better support system, not just to complain. At the very least, if it's too much to implement phone support, an online chat would be 1000% faster and easier with less hand wringing. While I like the app, I still think the customer support model of emails is terrible.

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective here. We've grown our team significantly — on average doubling in size each year, and response times have come down as a result. Hopefully as we continue to grow we'll be able to get them down even further.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.