Ipad and Iphone use two différents files same name to sync ... so no real sync!

olivboots
olivboots
Community Member
edited August 2020 in iOS

I'm using Icloud for sycing.
I realize my Ipad and my iphone are using two differents files on icloud to sync, same names, different content.
I would like to use only the Iphone one but don't know wic one is it.
Do you have a process? I dont want to loose my passwords in the proces!!
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 13.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:sycing icloud

Comments

• Hi @olivboots

I'd be happy to help. When syncing via iCloud 1Password uses Apple's 'CloudKit' technology to store its database. It doesn't use the file based iCloud Drive. As such I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here:

I realize my Ipad and my iphone are using two differents files on icloud to sync, same names, different content.

Could you please elaborate on what it is you're seeing / how you came to that conclusion? Thanks!

Ben

• olivboots
    olivboots
    Community Member

Hello,
    Well, when i try to manage the Icloud memory via my Iphone there is two lines for "1Password - Password Manager".
    One is 24.9 Mo and the second 17.1 Mo.
    Thanks
    OliV

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@olivboots:

If I understand what you are saying, you are looking inside iCloud Drive, correct? As Ben explained, 1Password uses Apple's 'CloudKit' technology to store its database. It doesn't use the file based iCloud Drive.

What do you see inside 1Password > Settings > Sync instead? Are both your devices using iCloud to sync there?

• olivboots
    olivboots
    Community Member

Hello,
    I'm not looking at the icloud drive. When you ask to manage wich app can use icloud, the system show some details about the use of each app. !

When i go to the 1password settings, i see that it use icloud to sync (both ipad and iphone). I tried to stop sync on the ipad and then set it up again. It says it sync but the result is the same.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@olivboots:

Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in this article, and see if they help?

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

This discussion has been closed.